Wednesday 26 August 2015

Haze 2015, a letter to the Minister, Natural Resources and Environment, Malaysia

26 August 2015

To: Datuk Seri Dr Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar
Minister, Natural Resources and Environment
aduannre@nre.gov.my

Cc: Director-General
Department of Environment’s (DOE)
aduan_k@doe.gov.my

Dear Datuk Seri,

This morning, I happened to read your comments as reported in The Star Online at http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/08/26/KL-to-discuss-haze-with-Jakarta-Wan-Junaidi-to-meet-his-Indonesian-counterpart-over-smog-problem/ where you talked about trying to tackle the HAZE issue this year, 2015.

Here’s a tip: DON’T BOTHER.

I don’t care anymore about the haze issue. It is a yearly issue. It will continue to be a yearly issue – of that I am sure as I am sure that the sun will set today and rise again tomorrow.

This stupid haze issue has been with us since before the KL Commonwealth Games, in 1998. It magically cleared up during the games though.

But I’ve had it with TALK year after year about trying to “solve” the haze issue. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this issue will never be solved.

So my ADVICE to you is: DON’T BOTHER. Spend your time on more productive work. Because I believe neither you, nor anyone else, will be able to solve the haze issue. We Malaysians will just have to live with it.

And that’s all I have to say about that. Good day to you.

Jason Kay

Melaka

No comments: